ntinue the positive momentum it has had

in Allgemein 16.04.2018 14:44
von riluowanying123 | 561 Beiträge

SAN FRANCISCO -- Zack Wheeler used to have long talks with Sergio Romo when they were teammates in the Giants organization, and the young pitcher is good pals with Mike Kickham. None of that mattered when Wheeler took the mound at AT&T Park for the first time. He just wanted to pitch well. Wheeler threw seven sharp innings, Marlon Byrd homered again and the New York Mets completed their first sweep in San Francisco since 1994 with a 7-2 win Wednesday. "I was drafted by the Giants and obviously wanted to pitch here," Wheeler said. "I didnt know how I was going to feel when I got out there. Honestly, I was relaxed." Daniel Murphy and John Buck each had two hits and drove in two runs as the Mets won their fourth in a row, including three straight over the slumping World Series champions. The Giants have lost 16 of 19. Wheeler (3-1), selected by the Giants with the sixth overall pick in the 2009 amateur draft, took a shutout into the seventh. He allowed one run and three hits, struck out five and walked three. "Thats the best all-around stuff Ive seen," Mets manager Terry Collins said. "He pounded the strike zone and got outs. He has a chance to be very good." San Francisco dealt Wheeler to the Mets in July 2011 for outfielder Carlos Beltran. The trip to San Francisco brought back memories from his time with the Giants. "Romo and me would talk all the time," Wheeler said. "Hed sit me down and talk me through things. It was fun to be able to watch him pitch the first night." Matt Cain (5-6) lasted less than an inning for the first time in his career, giving up three runs and two hits while walking three and getting just two outs. He is 0-3 with a 6.38 ERA in his last five starts. "We needed a chance to win it, and I wasnt giving them an opportunity right there," Cain said. "I was walking guys. They got a couple of hits they needed, and that was it." San Francisco dropped to 40-50, its first time 10 games under .500 since the Giants finished 72-90 in 2008, according to STATS. San Francisco was swept at home for the first time since July 27-29 last year against the Los Angeles Dodgers. Wheeler retired 14 of his first 16 hitters before Pablo Sandoval singled for the Giants first hit with two outs in the fourth. Wheeler also hit an RBI double. "He was a lot more efficient getting ahead," Buck said. "He just needed to get his feet wet and feel a little more comfortable, but hes also working hard in things." Cains home ERA rose to 5.94, the second-highest among qualifying NL pitchers and more than double his 2.03 ERA in San Francisco last year. "He was disappointed to come out, but I had to make the call," Giants manager Bruce Bochy said. "Hes fine, but I didnt want it to become an issue. He was going on 40 pitches there and I didnt want to push him through again." New York took a 3-0 lead in the first. Eric Young walked, stole second went to third on catcher Buster Poseys throwing error and scored on Murphys single. Ike Davis and Kirk Nieuwenhuis walked, and Buck ended Cains day with a two-run single. Kickham retired 12 of his first 14 hitters into the fifth. That stretch ended when Davis singled and Byrd followed with his 15th homer and second in two days. Wheeler and Murphy each doubled home a run in the sixth to make it 7-0. Brandon Crawford singled home a run in the Giants eighth, and Tony Abreu hit a sacrifice fly in the ninth. NOTES: Giants RHP Santiago Casilla could be activated Thursday. ... LHP Madison Bumgarner (9-5, 3.05) will start for the Giants on Thursday night in San Diego. Hes 5-3 in 15 games against the Padres. ... RHP Jeremy Hefner (4-6, 3.39) gets the start for the Mets on Friday night at Pittsburgh. Since June 4, his ERA is 1.64. ... Mets INF David Wright extended his hitting streak to 11 games with a single in the ninth. Under Armour Shoes On Sale . Rousey will put her perfect 8-0 record and hardware on the line against another undefeated fighter, 7-0 Sara McMann in the main event of UFC 170, which will be held at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas Nevada on February 22nd. Under Armour Clearance Sale . This should be celebrated because it will not always be this way. With the amount of money given to players by their clubs these days, it is a wonder that so many of those teams allow the sport to continue to take away many of their assets so they can play for a different team in the middle of their season. http://www.stephencurryshoe.com/ua-basketball-shoes-stephen-curry.html . Francis told several hundred members of the European Olympic Committees that when sport "is considered only in economic terms and consequently for victory at every cost . Mens Under Armour Scorpio Running Shoes . Listen to the game live on TSN Radio 1050 at 7pm et. The Raptors traded Rudy Gay, Quincy Acy and Aaron Gray to the Sacramento Kings on Monday, in exchange for Greivis Vasquez, John Salmons, Patrick Patterson and Chuck Hayes. Stephen Curry Shoes Black .Y. -- Bills receiver Stevie Johnson has a bone to pick with the NFL schedule maker. Williams has signed former Ferrari engineer Antonio Spagnolo in an effort to bolster performance for the rest of 2016.Spagnolo, previously Head of Tyre Performance at Ferrari, has been appointed Competitor Analysis and Performance Concept Team Leader for the Grove team. Williams has fallen away from the front of the grid this year and is currently engaged in a battle for fourth position with Force India.Williams says Spagnolos new role is focussed on augmenting car performance. The team hopes his previous role at Ferrari will help him bring a greater understanding of tyres to Williams. Spagnolo will work underneath Rob Smedley, the current Head of Performance Engineering.Technical chief Pat Symonds said: Wiilliams is determined to continue the positive momentum it has had since 2014 and, with new additions to the team, hopes to become even stronger.ddddddddddddWe are constantly seeing ways to improve our performance and trackside operations and believe Antonio will make a valuable contribution to this process. As a team, we will do our utmost to achieve our on-track ambitions and secure strong positions in the Constructors Championship this season, and beyond.Since joining Ferrari in 2005, Spagnolo has also been race and performance engineer for Kimi Raikkonen and Fernando Alonso. China Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys Online ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Leonaford246
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 76 Gäste und 4 Mitglieder online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1252 Themen und 2392 Beiträge.

Heute waren 4 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen