me the first man since Jesse Owens in 1936

in Allgemein 05.09.2018 14:27
von riluowanying123 | 1.889 Beiträge

Fernando Alonso said setting the fastest lap at the Italian Grand Prix offered a small consolation prize at a race where McLaren-Honda was not competitive.Alonso was running 13th at Monza when an odd decision to make a late pit stop three laps from the end dropped him to 14th on a set of super-soft tyres. Although the tyre change did nothing for his race result, the combination of fresh rubber and a low fuel load allowed him to set a qualifying-style lap and claim the fastest time of the afternoon.It was a good feeling [the fastest lap], obviously we had new tyres at the end and the last two laps we maximized the grip, but it doesnt change too much because it was a circuit that we werent competitive at, he said. But it was a good sign that the car was performing well.In general we didnt have the pace in the race and we were never in the points. We knew, we expected this before coming here so its just a confirmation. From Singapore onwards I think we should be in the points regularly. Some races like Abu Dhabi and Austin we can be in the top five fighting with Ferrari, so good times are coming.Alonsos race was not helped by a slow pit stop, when the traffic lights in McLarens pit lane gantry failed to switch from red to green.Yeah, it didnt work. Obviously when youre concentrated on the light you dont know if theyre still working on the rear tyres, but it seems the car was ready to go so unfortunately we lost a little bit of time which compromised the second stint, but yeah we didnt have the pace today to be in the points. NFL Jerseys Cheap . They reached the 100-point plateau for the fourth time in five games, bested the visiting Trail Blazers by 34 in the paint and scored 19 of the final 25 points in regulation. Wholesale Cheap Jerseys . Takahashi, who had a 10-point lead after the short program, received 268.31 points after the free skate to finish 15 points ahead of second-place Nobunari Oda. http://www.wholesalechinacheapjerseys.net/ . Now that hes hitting streaking teammates with pin-point passes for easy layups, Love is asserting himself as one of the true superstars in the league. Cheap China Jerseys . MORITZ, Switzerland -- Fog prevented downhill racers from getting their Olympic dress rehearsal. China Jerseys Wholesale . LOUIS -- St. ORLANDO -- Jarrion Lawson is the mens winner of The Bowerman Award.The former Arkansas standout won four NCAA titles in 2016, including a historic three at the NCAA Division I Outdoor Track & Field Championships. He is the first Razorback to win collegiate track & fields highest individual honor, which was handed out Friday night at the Orlando Grande Lakes Resort.It was like a relief feeling, Lawson said of hearing his name. Actually, I was more nervous for the womens Bowerman than the mens Bowerman. I dont know why. That initial anticpiation of you dont know who the winner is and the men are second.Lawson joins a prestigious fraternity of former male winners, headlined by two-time Olympic gold medalist and two-time world record holder Ashton Eaton (2010). Galen Rupp (2009) and Derek Drouin (2013) also won two Olympic medals, while Deon Lendore (2014) captured bronze at the 2012 London Olympic Games.What Lawson did at Historic Hayward Field in June was nothing short of remarkable. Lawson became the first man since Jesse Owens in 1936 to win the 100, 200 and long jump titles at the same NCAA meet. The Razorback star also ran a leg of the teams 4×100 relay (which finished 3rd) and in turn, shattered the modern-day scoring record.Lawson faced tough competition for The Bowerman Award as Texas A&Ms Donavan Brazier and Oregons Edward Cheserek were also finalists. Brazier broke Jim Ryunss 50-year-old collegiate record in the 800 on its golden anniversary, while Cheserek - the first three-time finalist in the history of The Bowerman Award - won five NCAA titles (four individual, one relay) and was the first man to sweep the distance slate clean (3000-5000-DMR indoors, 5000-10000 outdoors) in seven years.ddddddddddddI had confidence [that Id win] just because I like to believe in myself, Lawson said. Thats where it all starts. When you believe in yourself before you can achieve something great. Just knowing what I did in the outdoor season and having four national championships this year, I feel like I performed well enough to win The Bowerman Award.This is the third consecutive year that a male athlete from the SEC won The Bowerman Award. Lendore started the trend in 2014 and former Florida horizontal jumper and 2016 World Indoor gold medalist Marquis Dendy continued it last year. Dendy was there Friday night to hand off The Bowerman Award to Lawson.Just to see the trophy is one thing, but to be the winner of it - just like I said about it on stage - is a surreal experience, Lawson said. This thing looks like its made of all gold. Its heavy. Its definintely the biggest trophy that Ive ever won. Just to add it to my awards is a big honor. Cheap Authentic Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Cheap NFL Autographed Jerseys China Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Store China Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Throwback Jerseys Cheap Stitched Jerseys China NFL Hoodies Cheap Authentic Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China Camo China NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Binger-Kranservice
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 41 Gäste und 2 Mitglieder online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3530 Themen und 5151 Beiträge.

Heute waren 2 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen