ved up to Tallahassee and has also provided

in Allgemein 11.09.2018 15:18
von riluowanying123 | 1.884 Beiträge

WASHINGTON -- There has not been a lot of positive news around the last-place Cincinnati Reds this year, but slugger Adam Duvall and pitcher Anthony DeSclafani are two of them.Duvall shares the National League lead in home runs at 22 with Chicagos Kris Bryant while DeSclafani makes his fifth start of the season Friday when he faces the first-place Washington Nationals and Tanner Roark in the second game of the series.DeSclafani is 2-0 with a 1.52 ERA this season. In his last start, he went a career-high eight innings and gave up five hits and no runs while throwing a season-high 117 pitches in a 3-0 victory over the San Diego Padres.The New Jersey native is 1-0 with a 2.35 ERA in five games in his career against Washington. He pitched out of the bullpen three times for the Miami Marlins against the Nationals in 2014 and made two starts last year with the Reds.He has commanded the bottom of the strike zone on both sides of the plate, Reds manager Bryan Price said Thursday. His best two pitches are his fastball and slider but the ability to create speed separation with his changeup and curveball has been a big part of his success.The right-hander has bounced back since he lasted only 2 2/3 innings on June 15 as he gave up six hits and four runs in a 9-8 loss in 13 innings to the Atlanta Braves, though he did not figure in the decision.DeSclafani has also made five minor league rehab starts this year. He began the season on the disabled list with a strained left oblique suffered in his final spring training outing.He made his major league debut in 2014 with the Miami Marlins.The Reds need a good outing as Brandon Finnegan couldnt get out of the third inning on Thursday when the Nationals hit three homers in a 13-4 victory. Shortstop Danny Espinosa hit two of the homers -- one from each side of the plate.Roark, the Washington starter Friday, is 3-1 with a 2.30 ERA in his last four starts.The Nationals used a starting pitcher -- top prospect Lucas Giolito -- for the first time on Tuesday who was not part of the five-man rotation to the start the year.Stephen Strasburg (10-0) went on the disabled list Sunday. When will he return?At this point, we still have half of the year to go. Im more inclined not to rush him. Im not in a hurry, personally, said Dusty Baker, the Washington manager.Roark won 15 games as a starter in 2014 and split last season between the bullpen and the rotation as Max Scherzer supplanted him in the rotation. Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys . "Theyve both been real good," said Babcock. "Havent changed our minds." A decision has seemingly been made - Sundays Group B-deciding tilt against Finland ahead - but it could not have been an easy one. Price opened the tournament with a sturdy 19-save performance against the Norwegians, yielding just one goal. NBA Jerseys Wholesale . -- Yogi Ferrell orchestrates pretty much everything in Indianas offence. http://www.nbachinajerseys.com/ . But now that hes in the NHL, the Calgary Flames centre showed big improvement in that department by scoring the winner in the eighth round of a 5-4 shootout victory over the Winnipeg Jets on Monday. Cheap Jerseys 2020 . PAUL, Minn. China NBA Jerseys . Colin Wilson had two goals and an assist, and Mike Fisher scored a goal and helped set up two others in the Predators 6-4 victory over the Red Wings on Monday night. TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- No one on Florida States roster knows more about bouncing back after getting knocked down more than Matthew Thomas.For the first time in four years, the junior linebacker is living up to the potential many saw when he was recruited in 2013. Thomas leads the 13th-ranked Seminoles in tackles going into Saturdays game at South Florida.Florida State (2-1) is trying to bounce back after a 43-point loss last Saturday at Louisville. Considering that during the past three-plus seasons Thomas has dealt with shoulder injuries, the death of a parent and being academically ineligible, the blowout win by the Cardinals is just a small roadblock.Last year at this time Thomas was on the sidelines watching his teammates and wondering if he would ever play football or even remain at Florida State.I know I put myself in a lot of bad situations, bad predicaments. I dug myself in a hole, so I just had to get myself out of them he said. I may take some hits, but I get back up.Coach Jimbo Fisher said earlier this week that Thomas finally started maturing and understanding the importance of trying to revive his career.Hes really turned into a really good player for us, but more importantly becoming a very good leader, Fisher added.Thomas credits running back Dalvin Cook and defensive end DeMarcus Walker for their emotional support last year. Cook and Thomas are both Miami natives while Walker first met Thomas at a high school all-star game in 2013.Besides dealing with injuries and academics, Thomas was also struggling with the loss of his mother, Mariska Nyon, in January of 2015. As a five-star prospect at Booker T. Washington, Thomas wanted to attend Southern Cal but it was his mom who wanted him to go to Florida State.Thomas oldest brother has moved up to Tallahassee and has also provided emotional support.Thomas also said he owes Fishher a lot for standing by him and keeping his word to his mother that Fisher would support him.ddddddddddddBesides maturity, another thing players and coaches have noticed is that Thomas is having more fun. He is the first to acknowledge that the game wasnt fun due to the repeated shoulder injuries. Thomas had shoulder surgery last spring and this is the one the healthiest stretches he has had at FSU.When asked how he would assess the first three games, Thomas said he still feels as if he is rusty. He remains a physical tackler that some have compared to former FSU standout Telvin Smith, who is in his third season with the Jacksonville Jaguars.Thomas has 20 tackles, including two for loss. He is one of the quickest players on the defense but has been tentative at times by thinking too much on the field. Thomas and the Seminoles defense has struggled against option teams and face another test on Saturday against South Floridas high-scoring offense.The 3-0 Bulls have rushed for over 200 yards in eight straight games and have scored 45 points or more in their last three.I still feel like Im getting right a little bit with different situations and different atmospheres, he said. I dont want to mess up. I just want to make my teammates proud, make my couches proud. So Ive been trying stay on point.Right now, Thomas teammates are just happy that he is on the field and making plays.As time went by he saw the door closing. At the last minute, he grabbed it and opened it, Walker said. Im glad hes my teammate and hes bought in.---Online: The APs college football page: http://collegfootball.ap.org---Follow Joe on Twitter: www.twitter.com/joereedy and his work can be found at http://bigstory.ap.org/journalist/joe-reedy Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Cheap Jerseys 2019 Wholesale Jerseys 2020 China NFL Jerseys China Jerseys Cheap NFL Black Jerseys Cheap Stitched Jerseys China Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale NFL Hoodies Cheap Jerseys 2020 Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys NFL China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher
1 Mitglied und 2 Gäste sind Online

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Binger-Kranservice
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 35 Gäste und 2 Mitglieder online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3525 Themen und 5146 Beiträge.

Heute waren 2 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen