New York Jets wide receiver Robby Anderson will not be suspended

in Allgemein 09.11.2018 03:57
von chenyan94 | 29 Beiträge

by the NFL for two arrests in an eight-month span.The league says Wednesday it completed its investigation into the incidents and the matter has been addressed Womens Morris Claiborne Jersey , and no suspension is being issued."I'm thankful and I'm glad that the world knows, and people know, like my fans, they don't have to worry," Anderson said after practice. "But I already knew. All along, I wasn't expecting that to happen. But, I'm just thankful that God blessed me to get through this situation and I'm still able to miss no time with my teammates."Anderson pleaded no contest in May to misdemeanor reckless driving in Sunrise, Florida, as part of a deal with prosecutors. The 25-year-old receiver had faced multiple charges, including a felony count of fleeing and eluding police from an incident in January , but those charges were previously dismissed. Anderson received six months of probation.Also previously dropped was a charge of resisting arrest at a music festival in Miami Beach in May 2017."I'm a very strong-minded individual and even throughout when the situation happened and I went to jail and allegations and things like that, and stories, you know, I was prepared for it and knew what was going to come with it," Anderson said. "But I can't really get too caught up in perceptions and what people think, because I knew deep down what the truth was. I wouldn't say that I was ever worried about really being suspended. I didn't think that would ever happen."Anderson could still potentially be fined by the league or team, but he wouldn't confirm whether he was on the hook to write a hefty check."I don't like to talk about my money," Anderson said with a smile.Anderson is the top receiver on the Jets' depth chart, and now the team doesn't have to be concerned with replacing him in the lineup because of a suspension."I don't know if it's a relief or not, but I'm glad it happened http://www.jetsfootballauthentics.com/brandon-copeland-jersey-authentic ," coach Todd Bowles said, "so we don't have to spend time working on other things and they didn't do it at this time so it's good for us."After setting career highs with 63 catches, 941 yards receiving and seven TDs, Anderson is off to a slow start while working to develop a rapport with rookie quarterback Sam Darnold in new coordinator Jeremy Bates' offense. Anderson, in his third year with the Jets, has eight catches for 108 yards and a touchdown."We're 1-3," Anderson said. "I'm just ready for us to make that turn, you know? Since I've been a Jet, we haven't hit that pinnacle of where we're trying to get things. We're trying, but trying isn't good enough. We've got to get it done."So, that's what I'm focused on. I know everybody's talking about my production, and of course I want to contribute, but more importantly, I want to win."NOTES: WR Charone Peake (hamstring) and TE Neal Sterling (concussion) did not practice. ... C Spencer Long (knee/finger) and S Marcus Maye (ankle/foot) were limited.The critical Jets bust in coverage on 3rd and 19 might not have been Jamal Adams’ fault Late in the fourth quarter of yesterday’s loss to the Dolphins, Miami was able to convert a critical 3rd and 19 play to extend the drive that eventually allowed them to run out the clock.Nobody covered Frank Gore as he released into a route out of the backfield. and he was able to scamper for a first down. On CBS, analyst Rich Gannon called out Jets safety Jamal Adams as the culprit in the bust.After rewatching the play several times, evidence suggests Gore might not have been Adams’ assignment.In the presnap alignment, Mike Gesicki begins in the slot. Adams is there with him. Gesicki then motions inside and Adams follows him. This suggests Adams’ man in coverage is Gesicki.Then as Gore releases into his snap after the route, he runs right past Adams, but Adams doesn’t even flinch.If Adams was assigned to Gore it would stand to reason that he would have at least reacted late and made a futile attempt to run after him.I’m not in the huddle. It’s possible the presnap look was a disguise to bait the Dolphins into thinking Adams had Gesicki when he really didn’t. It is also possible that Adams was supposed to take the first guy who slipped into a route to the left side of the formation but forgot.But something just doesn’t add up on this play.Doug Middleton is playing Cover 1 in the deep middle. There are six blitzers if we don’t include Adams.If you do the math http://www.jetsfootballauthentics.com/jordan-jenkins-jersey-authentic , that makes seven defenders. That leaves only four guys in coverage including Adams. There are five eligible receivers on any given passing play. For all the Jets knew at the snap, both Gore and Gesicki could have released into routes. The way the Jets sent six and left Middleton deep meant a receiver was going to be uncovered. Was Middleton supposed to play man to man on Gore instead of Cover 1 deep? Were either Avery Williamson or Darron Lee (or both) supposed to account for the back before blitzing? It might make some sense if Gore was supposed to be picked up by the linebacker on the side he released into his route. He began on Williamson’s side but eventually released into his route on Lee’s side. It is possible Lee blitzed not realizing Gore would move into his area.Ultimately it seems like one of the four of Middleton, Lee, Williamson, or Adams blew the coverage. Busts like this are so bad that it is often difficult to identify exactlywhat should have happened. Based on what we saw, though, it seems to me like Adams is the least likely culprit of the four.Adams took responsibility after the game.To me, however, that reads like he covering for a teammate. The initial response of blaming the defense as a unit looks like an attempt to avoid pointing the finger at the guilty party, and then he just decided to take the hit himself.Todd Bowles was even more evasive in his postgame press conference.Bowles is a good place to finish because ultimately I put as much of the blame for this play on the head coach as I put on the defender who was supposed to cover Gore.I have a huge problem with an aggressive blitz call and man to man across the board in that spot. Ryan Tannehill had shown zero ability to stand in the pocket, make complex reads, and deliver the ball down the field to that point. The Jets had just knocked the Dolphins out of field goal range with back to back negative plays. Even a modest 6-7 yard gain probably forces the Dolphins to punt, which is the goal for the Jets. That is not the time for a high risk defensive playcall. This call left the Jets vulnerable to the big play when the big play was the only thing they could not afford. Everything from a guy slipping to a well-timed screen to the blown coverage checkdown could mean a cheap first down. If the Dolphins execute a great play and earn a first down, you tip your cap and live with it. You don’t want to just hand a key first down to them, though.Yes, players need to ultimately execute, but that call maximized the odds of a breakdown at a point where the Jets could have lived with anything other than a breakdown.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Binger-Kranservice
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 32 Gäste und 1 Mitglied online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3515 Themen und 5136 Beiträge.

Heute war 1 Mitglied Online :

Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen