cussion-related issues.The brain is nothing to me

in Allgemein 11.01.2019 16:15
von riluowanying123 | 2.699 Beiträge

ANNAPOLIS, Md. -- For the third time in three games, Navy will have a different starting quarterback operating the complex triple option.Keenan Reynolds capped off last season in his final game at Navy. Tago Smith replaced the record-setting QB last week against Fordham in the season opener and lasted into the second quarter before a torn ACL ended his season.Now, 6-foot-1 senior Will Worth is poised to make his first career start Saturday against Connecticut (1-0).Will is ready. Hes persevered and improved to the point he was the clear-cut No. 2, Navy offensive coordinator Ivin Jasper said. Now Will is the starting quarterback and all eyes are on him. Im pretty sure he didnt want to get the job this way, but thats football.Worth was a third-stringer in 2015 and did not see any action at quarterback. He did play in all 13 games as a holder on kicks, and garnered two games of experience in his first two years at Navy.Ive got big shoes to fill with Keenan being gone and Tago getting injured, Worth said. I definitely put a lot of responsibility on myself to keep this thing running.---Some things to look for when Navy (1-0) and Connecticut square off in the American Athletic Conference opener for both schools.STOPPING THE OPTION: Connecticut coach Bob Diaco has significant experience going against the Navy triple-option. Diaco served as defensive coordinator at Notre Dame from 2010-13, so this is the sixth straight season he has game-planned for the Midshipmen. Coach Diaco is one of the best defensive minds in the country and knows exactly what hes doing with his game-plan, Navy coach Ken Niumatalolo said. His teams are always well-prepared, assignment sound and dialed into what they do. That being said, Navy rushed for 303 yards in last years 28-18 win over the Huskies.FAMILY TIES: Tom Forrestal was the starting quarterback and offensive captain of the 1957 Navy football team that posted a 9-1-1 record and defeated Rice, 20-7, in the Cotton Bowl. John Jack Shirreffs Jr. was an outstanding end on tha team. Their grandsons will be on opposite sides on Saturday. Patrick Forrestal is the starting nose guard for Navy and Bryant Shirreffs is the starting quarterback for Connecticut.HIGH TIMES: Chris High had an impressive debut as starting fullback for Navy, rushing for 176 yards on just 10 carries. The 6-foot, 224-pound junior averaged 17.6 yards per carry and broke loose for a 70-yard touchdown. High was the backup entering preseason camp, but moved up when projected starter Shawn White suffered an ankle injury. The Oklahoma City native excelled in the No. 1 role and White could not get the job back after returning to practice.WINNING STREAK: Navy has won 11 straight games in Annapolis and is closing in on a record wins at home. The Midshipmen won 21 straight home games from 1953 through 1964, but only 13 of those came after construction of Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium. Beating Connecticut on Saturday and Houston on Oct. 18 would tie the record for most consecutive victories at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium. The Midshipmen could potentially break the mark against Memphis on Oct. 22.SERIES HISTORY: Navy leads the series with Connecticut, 7-1. This is the first time the Huskies have come to Annapolis since 2002, when they shut out the Midshipmen 38-0. That was one of the worst offensive performance Navy had under former head coach Paul Johnson. The Midshipmen managed just 82 total yards -- 47 passing and 35 rushing.---AP college football site: http://collegefootball.ap.org Cheap Adidas Shoes Online . -- Los Angeles Lakers guard Jordan Farmar will be out for roughly four weeks after tearing his left hamstring. Adidas Shoes Wholesale China . -- Playing time has been limited for Maxim Tissot this season, so the Montreal Impact defender made the most of his first scoring opportunity on Saturday. http://www.adidasshoesclearance.com/ . Speaking to the Chicago Tribune at baseballs Winter Meetings in Lake Buena Vista, Florida, Boras called the former home of the Expos a "tremendous environment" for baseball. Cheap Adidas Shoes Wholesale . Wilson hit Schenn from behind during Tuesday nights game in Philadelphia, earning a five-minute major for charging and a game misconduct. He has a phone hearing with the department of player safety, which limits any potential suspension to five or fewer games. Wholesale Adidas Shoes China . "Jeff is a hard worker who was an important special-teams contributor for us last season," said Stamps GM John Hufnagel. PITTSBURGH --?Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger absolutely expects Andrew Luck to take the field for the Indianapolis Colts on Thursday night, but he cautions the star quarterback to be smart while in concussion protocol.Roethlisberger is drawing from experience after 12-plus years in the league and multiple concussion-related issues.The brain is nothing to mess with, Roethlisberger told Indianapolis reporters on a conference call. He is young and has a long career ahead of himself.Roethlisberger, 34, said he has to expect Luck, 27, to play because Lucks a tough competitor and one of the best in the game. But he wouldnt knock Luck for sitting if necessary.The Tennessee Titans sacked Luck twice and hit him eight times in the Colts win Sunday, with defensive tackle Austin Johnsons fourth-quarter hit likely forcing Luck into the concussion protocol.Luck must be cleared before playing. Scott Tolzien is the backup. On the season, Luck is averaging 3.5 sacks per game.Roethlisberger was in the protocol last season after taking a hit from Seattle Seahawks defensive tackle Michael Bennett in a Week 12 loss. He played the next game, with six full days to recover compared to Lucks three days this week. Roethlisberger said after that game that he didnt have a concussion. Roethlisbergger has taken 453 sacks in his career, 34 in the past two seasons.dddddddddddd Roethlisbergers concussion history dates to at least 2006, when he was questionable for a game with the Oakland Raiders while coming off a head injury.When asked by Indianapolis media whether hes kept track of his concussions, Roethlisberger said, I have no idea. Maybe too many.I have played this game a long time and younger days in my career when I wouldnt have [missed time], and there were many times that Ive said that I havent told anybody that I had been dinged or had a concussion, Roethlisberger said. Looking back on it, I wish I wouldnt have. You have to be smart when it comes to your brain because you only play football for such a short period of your life. When you have a family and people that you are going to be with for the long term, you have to really make sure your health is taken care of.Roethlisberger has played through several injuries as part of what he calls a violent sport. One injury cant be played through, he says.You can rub dirt on a lot of things, but you cant rub dirt on the brain, Roethlisberger said.ESPNs Mike Wells contributed to this report. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: nancysmithz
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 133 Gäste und 8 Mitglieder online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5523 Themen und 7428 Beiträge.

Heute waren 8 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen