authentic-mitch-moreland-jersey

in Interessante Webseiten 09.03.2019 07:08
von linchao | 146 Beiträge

ATLANTA — The Atlanta Braves Tyler Thornburg Jersey , losers of at least 90 games each of the past three seasons, can clinch an unlikely National League East title on Saturday.Mike Foltynewicz (11-10, 2.90 ERA) will get the start for the Braves at SunTrust Park as they try to close out the second-place Philadelphia Phillies with more than a week remaining in the regular season.Foltynewicz, a first-time All-Star in 2018, will be opposed by former Cy Young Award winner Jake Arrieta (10-9, 3.77 ERA) as the Phillies try to avoid elimination for at least another day after losing the first two games of the series.Article continues below ...The Braves (86-68) went to work late in both games against the bullpen of the Phillies (78-75), winning 6-5 on Friday night after an 8-3 victory in the series opener the previous night.With a 7 1/2-game lead and the magic number down to two, the Braves can clinch first place before their home fans on Sunday if they don’t do it Saturday.Cy Young candidate Aaron Nola (16-5, 2.44 ERA) will start the series finale for the Phillies, with Anibal Sanchez (6-6 http://www.redsoxproshops.com/authentic-jackie-bradley-jr-jersey , 2.44 ERA) getting the call for Atlanta.The Braves play their final six games on the road, including a three-game series — that was once highly anticipated — in Philadelphia to end the regular season.It was Sean Newcomb’s turn to start on Saturday for the Braves, but the struggling left-hander was skipped and put in the bullpen for the time being despite leading the team with 12 victories.Newcomb’s 12 wins top the Braves, but he posted an 11.34 ERA while losing his past four home starts. “I don’t think he needed a break. He just wasn’t pitching that great,” Braves manager Brian Snitker said of the 25-year-old. “I talked to him about that. We are going to go with the other guys pretty much. Just trying to pitch the guys who were going a little better.” Foltynewicz is 1-1 with a 1.96 ERA and 26 strikeouts in 23 innings in four starts versus the Phillies this season, and 4-3 with a 3.51 ERA in 11 career outings against them.The 26-year-old right-hander failed to last at least five innings for just the second time this season in a loss to St. Louis on Monday, but he had pitched a complete game in his previous start at San Francisco.Arietta is 4-1 with a 2.29 ERA in six career starts against the Braves, carrying over the previous success he had with the Chicago Cubs to his lone outing for the Phillies this season.The 32-year-old right-hander worked 6 2/3 scoreless innings in a victory at Philadelphia on May 23, allowing seven hits and a walk while striking out seven.Arrieta’s performance has been in decline the past eight weeks or so, mirroring the downturn of his team. Since pitching eight scoreless innings on Aug. 3 at Arizona Roger Clemens Jersey , he has gone 1-3 with a 6.02 ERA in seven starts.“What’s done is done. I’ve got to move forward and just try to be better,” Arrieta said. ATLANTA (AP) From the perspective of manager Brian Snitker, the addition of right-hander Kevin Gausman means the Atlanta Braves added help in all the right places for their push to win the NL East.Snitker applauded four trades made by general manager Alex Anthopoulos.”I feel really good,” Snitker said. ”We talked about what you would like to have, and I think he hit all the boxes. Bullpen depth, starting pitcher, maybe a bat off the bench. I think they did a great job.”The Braves acquired Gausman and veteran reliever Darren O’Day from the Baltimore Orioles in exchange for four prospects Tuesday. The Braves also added outfielder Adam Duvall, acquired from the Reds late Monday, and relievers Brad Brach and Jonny Venters in the last five days.Atlanta didn’t part with any of its top prospects in the process, either.The Orioles acquired Triple-A right-hander Evan Phillips http://www.redsoxproshops.com/authentic-andrew-benintendi-jersey , Class A infielder Jean Carlos Encarnacion and two Double-A prospects – catcher Brett Cumberland and left-hander Bruce Zimmerman. Baltimore also received international signing bonus slot money.”We’re always reluctant to move some of our higher ranked guys,” Anthopoulos said. ”… We like the guys we lost. There are certain guys that are more high-profile. We didn’t go into the trade deadline saying we refuse to move on our top prospects. Certain guys are harder to acquire than others. For the right deal for the right player, we’re open to it.”The Braves entered Tuesday’s trade deadline a half-game behind first-place Philadelphia and five games ahead of third-place Washington in the NL East. The Phillies have also made a push, adding catcher Wilson Ramos and left-hander Aaron Loup on Tuesday after picking up infielder Asdrubal Cabrera last Friday. The Nationals traded away reliever Brandon Kintzler but otherwise stood pat at the deadline.”We were just trying to make the team better,” Anthopoulos said. ”Obviously it’s going to be a tight race in the East. Philadelphia made some nice moves. The Nats, we know how talented they are. … It’s going to be tough. We want to win the division, as all the other teams do, but even the wild card is going to be challenging.”Duvall joined the team Tuesday and has been designated for a platoon role, with most of his starts coming against left-handers. He’ll play left field, with rookie Ronald Acuna Jr. moving to center and Ender Inciarte moving to the bench against left-handers.Duvall Luis Tiant Jersey , hitting .205 with 15 home runs and 61 RBIs, also gives the team a powerful pinch-hitter.Duvall said the platoon role ”doesn’t really matter to me.””I’m excited to be here,” he said. ”However they use me, I’ll go in there and do my best and hopefully win some ballgames.”O’Day had season-ending surgery on his left hamstring July 12 and was acquired to be part of Atlanta’s 2019 bullpen.Gausman, 27, was 5-8 with a 4.43 ERA in 21 games started for Baltimore. He is under team control through 2020.”Really excited to go to a team that’s playing really well right now, playing meaningful games,” Gausman said, adding he was excited about his role after talking with Anthopoulos.”I think it’s a good fit,” Gausman said. ”After talking to their GM http://www.redsoxproshops.com/authentic-mitch-moreland-jersey , I think they really liked me and have some things that can help me.”This is the second deal between the teams in three days. Atlanta acquired Brach from Baltimore for an international signing slot Sunday.Gausman adds experience to a rotation that has lost rookie Mike Soroka and right-hander Brandon McCarthy to injuries.Anthopoulos said he didn’t feel he had to add a starting pitcher because he likes the depth provided by prospects, including left-hander Kolby Allard, promoted from Triple-A Gwinnett to make his debut Tuesday night against Miami.”We were just looking at the right value and the right deal,” Anthopoulos said.Allard is expected to be sent back to Gwinnett following Tuesday night’s game.—

I can show you all the sports, strength, and even passion. Welcome, I sincerely serve you, everything is for you. You can call me "Lin" and welcome to our sports kingdom——http://www.chicagobearsteamonline.com We will be happy to serve you.
nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: healthygarcinia
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 115 Gäste und 6 Mitglieder online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5496 Themen und 7394 Beiträge.

Heute waren 6 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen